Saturday, February 15, 2014

The Winner of The First VC Trivia Contest

Old time hockey…like Eddie Shore, the Boston Bruins defenseman (you wanna spell it with a "C", Canadians, you go right ahead and take a red pen to the screen of your tablet) whose brutal hit on Toronto Maple Leaf right wing Ace Bailey fractured his skull and led to the first "unofficial" NHL All Star Game, a benefit on Valentine's Day, 1934.
The game raised $20, 909 dollars to benefit Ace, back in the days when many pro athletes at offseason "regular jobs"and didn't become millionaires at nineteen.
Ellen DeView, my favorite person ever named for two afternoon talk shows, takes home the mystery prize for knowing the significance of the number I posted in yesterday's blog. The prize is hockey related and since Ellen did me the favor of living near me, I will post a picture of me presenting it to her as soon as we can make arrangements to get together.
Thank you all for playing, and I will do trivia contests, much like sex and bank robberies, intermittently and without warning.

1 comment: