Saturday, February 8, 2014

The Pony Express Guy Just Blurted Out The Nordic Combined Splits

So people are glued to the Olympics on NBC now. That's cool. I like the Olympics. I like most live sporting events. Hear that, NBC ? I said live! And I watched 'em live! On CBC, because other than living in an igloo and amputating my own frostbitten digits to save money, I'm lucky to live in the north where the cable companies carry the far superior network owned by Drake, Mike Myers and the Canadian Government.
What is the allure of prime time in 2014, especially on the weekends ? It's not like we're in the barn darning socks with the Ingalls family during the day. "Plausibly Live" is dead, just like Michael Landon.
                                                Maybe she should kiss the peacock like
                                              she did Bobby Brady, and wake it the fuck up

Anybody who really cares about the events (and FYI, pretty bird network, after events are over they're not events, they're historical events ) who doesn't have the luxury of CBC on their cable can look up the results on their damn phone. Now, I just noticed  (mind bogglingly mid-bloggingly) that you yourself are broadcasting some live events on MSNBC!
Now I get it…you like broadcasting the taped events on your flagship station, so you can air all those pre-recorded ventricle grabbers about the biathlete whose neighbor has smallpox. Wake up America! Do we really need that schmaltzy, gauzily shot kinda feature to enjoy sports that happened 12 hours ago. Yeah, America, I guess most of you do. And that's pretty lame. I say from now on they just award the Olympics to cities in the Eastern and Central time zones, or they can suck my clock.

No comments:

Post a Comment