Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Not Now Honey, Ryan Newman Might Need Four Tires!!

Call it a pool, a fantasy league, a waste of time, a cry for help, a downright, flat-out or high banked curve call for an intervention, but after a short hiatus, I'm gonna get together with a group of people and wager on NASCAR races.

I may have mentioned that I failed geometry twice in high school, and cried tears of joy (maybe it was just bad mescaline) when they told me I could take etymology instead of physics, but now I'm going to sit down and try to become an expert on tri-ovals and compression ratios. On purpose. Because it's a sport. And it's televised.
The psychotic thing is that the way this particular group of people do it, we all pick the winner of each race before the season even starts.
And unlike fantasy football, when I'm watching until the very last minute to hear injury reports and weather conditions before I officially lock in my lineup, I'm picking who will do well in September in Arizona--I'll be honest, I haven't even looked at the schedule yet-- this week.
So instead of second guessing what I did 2 hours ago, I'll be second guessing a decision I forgot that I made. Kinda like the first 20 times I asked a girl to marry me. Except with NASCAR, I might, just might, walk away from this one with some money in my pocket.

4 comments:

  1. i caint watch roundy round, the cars going make me get all dizzylike..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It isn't for everyone. Working the Grand Prix spoiled me for open wheel, because we used to be right next to the fence for practice. Watching on TV doesn't cut it.

      Delete
  2. Why don't you just take all your money and throw it off the back of a train?

    ReplyDelete