Friday, February 14, 2014

It Ain't Stump the Slob, I Know the Answer: The 1st VC Trivia Contest

This is my 51st post in Victory Charade. That's significant for a number of reasons.
There are 51 states in the US, 51 separate muscles in the human groin and Jose Canseco got thrown out stealing third 51 times.
                                                              Party Time!!!

No.
Just because it's a sportsblog doesn't mean it's completely mindless.
I would have done something special at # 50, but I didn't realize it was # 50 until I posted it.
So now I'm doing something special.
Trivia contest:
Tell me what is special about the number 20,909 in the world of sports.
Your first hint is that it involves a sport currently in season, but pitchers and catchers












already reported to spring training, so that doesn't narrow it down much.
It's kind of a tough question, but the prize is something from my own personal sports memorabilia collection. I am not showing what it is because I don't want to given any false clues or real clues.
Here are the rules:
The person who answers correctly must post the answer on this blog-no Facebook, Myspace, or spray painting my garage.
The person who answers must explain the answer in context.
The winner must live in the U.S., because I don't wanna go broke shipping something I really don't want to part with anyway. In fact, I'd prefer not to ship it at all, but I will.
Yes I'm trying to drive traffic to this blog.
If no one gets it in the first 12 hours, I will post a clue.
20, 909.
Good luck.

1st Clue (way later than promised, but a clue nonetheless): The number refers to an occurrence pre 1960. That should narrow your Google search.




26 comments:

  1. US Tax Code that grants tax - exempt status to leagues such as the NHL, MLB, etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, but thanks for replying under your stage name, Paul Sinn.

      Delete
  2. http://media.dcentertainment.com/sites/default/files/files/2011/12/MAD-Magazine-Barry-Bonds-Unnatural.jpg
    ANSWER: Barry Bonds who is from the 909 area code, had 20 plate appearances in the 2000 NLDS AND you have some merch of Barry's...AM I right or just a beautiful mind?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The amount of money you lost last year betting on sports?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Way off. There's no gambling at Bushwood and I never lose.

      Delete
  4. Average Read Wing attendance at Joe Louis Arena

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, but that number is around what the Joe holds.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. No. Nothing to do with attendance at the soon to be old arena. No one is gonna miss those stairs.

      Delete
  6. Number of points earned by the Production Line?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gordie scored 1,850 career NHL points, so even if you added Ted and Sid and spotted 'em Alex and Mickey and the odd assist and goal by Sawchuk, nope.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A Chris Pittaro Bobblehead?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Follicles of hair removed by Johnny Weir

    ReplyDelete
  10. Number of lifetime at-bats of George Herman "Babe" Ruth.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I added his regular and postseason play appearances, his games pitched, his career strikeouts (as a pitcher) and shutouts and you're still shy of 20K by a pretty wide margin. But thanks for playing.&)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amount raised for injured Ace Bailey, hockey all star game 1934.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Bingo!!!!!!!! We have a winner!!!!!!! Nice!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete