Sunday, December 29, 2013

Number 7 In The Program, Seven Digit Inmate Number in My Head

Okay, the Eagles are gonna win…they just took a knee, and they're in the playoffs. I hate the Eagles. I never liked the Eagles, though that Joe Walsh song always made me laugh…no, the Philadelphia Eagles "American Football" Franchise was never even a team I wanted to emulate when I was a kid. And I'm glad.
Because I hate Michael Vick {If you have the slightest inclination at this point to comment with anything similar to "he paid his debt to society" or any of those other useless cliches, you might as well go make a paper airplane out of pudding. I don't want to hear it}.
I completely understand why Philadelphia signed him, and allegedly the Humane Society has benefitted from Philadelphia's decision to give Vick a second chance, but there is no law anywhere that says I personally have to accept their decision. And I don't.  I want them eliminated from the playoffs faster than Charlie Sheen goes through a teener and two strippers.
I happen to have a job in which occasionally I am asked my catering preferences. The only thing that I ever demand is no Subway, because they sponsored an award that was presented to Vick after his dog torture scandal.
                                                             The enemy of my enemy
                                                               is my cheesehead friend.
Subway will never get my money again, and they've gotten a lot of it over the years.
In sports, you often root for a concept like "Your hometown", even though in most cases few of the members of your hometown team have ties to the place in which they play (Cheers to the Lions' Joique Bell and the Wings' Justin Abdelkader for their local roots), or if you're of Swedish descent and live in say, Montana, the Wings might be your favorite team because of their plethora of guys that hail from that place.
So it must be okay to root against somebody for a concept deeper and slightly more important than shit like that, right ?
Like I don't respect Michael Vick, I thought his sentence should have been longer and even as he sits on the sideline and watches Nick Foles turn into the most popular guy in Philly not named Balboa, Vick still makes the sammich I made for myself with meat and bread from the store churn in my stomach like a bottle rocket full of ghost peppers. Fuck him, and fuck the team that welcomed him back because he can heave a football a little farther than the carcass of a dead dog. Let's go Saints.


No comments:

Post a Comment