Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Brutal ? They'll Wake Up Tomorrow and Not Even Be McSorley

I guess it's a tribute to Gary Bettman's attempts to make the NHLinto team ice dancing that this fight was described on a website as "brutal" and "out of hand."
I have a buddy who, despite my protestations, is a Caps fan, and he messaged me about another potential fight. So I could only assume that a fight involving one of his beloved Borscht Beltway Ovechkins that had turned brutal without him notifying me meant that he had somehow fallen asleep.
I had no idea that it was possible he might have nodded off during the fight. Okay, it wasn't that bad. But it was only local news worthy and not brutal by the standards of decades of the NHL.
I've seen siblings duke it out worse without even getting thrown out of church. Some blood was drawn, but both guys seemed plenty capable of continuing. That qualifies as "brutal" in today's NHL. No wonder MMA is making so much money. Maybe they'll add ice and sticks in a few generations.

No comments:

Post a Comment