Thursday, January 23, 2014

Bad Luck, And No Thanks for All The Radioactive Fish

The Yankees outbid everybody and got what they wanted. That hasn't happened since the last time the Yankees outbid everybody and got what they wanted.
I suppose it would be nice to have the richest dad in the neighborhood, but that doesn't mean his kids were popular with everyone. I suppose I could pretend I'm a journalist ( why start now ?) and tell you the name of the guy in the photo, but if you're a Cubs or Astros or Tigers fan (even though the Tigers were never in the running), who cares?  He's another rich guy in pinstripes, and that's all the rest of the league needs to know.
It's pretty bad that I would have been happy if the Dodgers got him. A Tigers-Dodgers/Verlander-Scherzer vs. Kershaw and Nameless Wealthy Manhattanite duel would have been superb.
But the Yankees are the proud owners of a new right-handed action figure for one of Steinbrenner's little boys to play with. Oh joy.
Yeah, the Tigers spend a lot of money on baseball players. But they're not the Yankees.
I hate the Yankees. It doesn't have to be rational. I'm the Hitchhiker, and this is my guide to the Baseball Galaxy, and in my Baseball Galaxy, the Yankees will always be the Empire, and the Tigers will always the Rebel Fleet. Sorry I mixed Sci-Fi worlds on ya. Break out your "What If" comics and root for the Rays to win the division.

No comments:

Post a Comment